Co.Starters Cohort – w/ Social Enterprise Track
February 5, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm$499
WHAT IS CO.STARTERS?
Co.Starters is a nine-week action-driven, collaborative programme in Wanaka organised by Startup Queenstown Lakes in partnership with Soda Inc. that equips aspiring entrepreneurs with the insights, relationships, and tools needed to turn business ideas into action. The programme is run with a small and supportive group of like-minded people led by experienced facilitators, mentors, and coaches.
When: 9 Weeks, every Wednesday from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. starting 5 February 2020
Where: Wanaka Recreation Centre
Cost: $499 Early Bird, $799 Advanced, $999 late registration including GST. Add a second person to your team for $199.
HOW DOES CO.STARTERS WORK?
The course is led by a group of facilitators to help guide you through the process of launching a business step-by-step and demystify the daunting early stages of entrepreneurship. In addition to having access to mentors, we invite guest speakers each week to shed insight on various aspects of running a business.
Course participants will be in groups of 10 people, meeting 3 hours a week to discuss and share ideas among peers in a trusted environment without non-disclosure agreements, over 9 weeks.
AFTER THE PROGRAMME…
You will gain the skills and knowledge to start your business as know how to sustain its growth.
Co.Starters is not an academic exercise; the aim of the course isn’t to teach you how to start a business; it is to enable you to actually start one!
- Week 1: Knowing Yourself (Assumptions, Working Styles, Team Building, Obstacles)
- Week 2: Knowing Your Customer (Problem, Solution, Benefit, Competition, Advantage, Customer)
- Week 3: Getting the Relationship Right (Marketing & Message; Getting, Keeping & Growing Customers)
- Week 4: Building the Model to Scale (Starting Small, Distribution, Revenue, Typical Sale, Price)
- Week 5: Strengthening Your Structure (Business Structures, Licenses, IP, Hiring)
- Week 6: Discovering the Bottom Line (Startup & Ongoing Needs, Fixed & Variable Costs, Break-Event Point)
- Week 7: Accounting for Growth (Break-Even Point, Sales Projections, Cash Flow, Accounting)
- Week 8: Planning for the Future (Raising Capital, Growth Plans, Goal Setting, Pitch Prep)
- Week 9: Pitch Night/Sharing Your Story
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What’s included in the cost?
FYI, The cost to run a Co.Starters cohort programme exceeds programme fees. Funding from QLDC in support of Startup Queenstown Lakes helps cover the difference, as do our sponsors.
Each startup team will receive a Co.Starters business guide and workbook. Each participant will receive a healthy meal during each event. The workshop fees cover course materials, presenter expenses, venue hire, and meals.
I’ve got a brand new idea I haven’t started working on, is Co.Starters for me?
Yes, absolutely. Co.Starters will give you the tools, frameworks and support you need to get started. Whether you have some idea of how to start, or have no idea at all – Co.Starters will help you succeed.
I’ve been working on my business idea for a short while and have made some progress, is Co.Starters for me?
Yes, absolutely. Co.Starters will provide the action driven support and frameworks so you can understand your next steps and successfully execute on them.
I’m 4 years into my startup journey and am trying to figure out how to scale. Is Co.Starters for me?
No, probably not.
I’m not sure I can afford the cost upfront…
That’s okay. You may be able to apply for a payment plan or make another arrangement. Please reach out to us at email@example.com
I want to talk to someone in person before committing to nine weeks. Can I have a 15-minute call or in-person meeting to make sure it’s a fit for me?
Absolutely. Contact us to arrange a time.
- Wanaka Recreation Centre
41 Sir Tim Wallis Drive
Wanaka, 9305 New Zealand
- Startup Queenstown Lakes