Startup Queenstown Lakes is seeking a Community Events Manager to manage the delivery of our district-wide events and ensure each activity contributes to building a thriving startup, innovation, and tech ecosystem in the Queenstown Lakes District.
Now in our second year of operation and with confirmed funding support from QLDC through to June 2021, this is a pivotal time for our organisation and we need an enthusiastic individual who is ready to jump in and build on the foundations already created.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Coordinate and deliver all events, workshops, and
- Develop event experiences so that every event is exceptional for both attendees and facilitators
- Ensure that all community members have an excellent customer experience with opportunities to connect, engage, and support each other towards the success of their startups and ventures
- Coordinating, tracking, and reporting on all marketing communication programmes that deliver optimal awareness, engagement, and attendance for each event.
- Support the local business advisors with engagement of community event participants.
- Maintain the organisation's CRM of event participants and community members
The skillsets that are needed
To succeed in this role, you will be a detailed-orientated and organised person with a natural ability for connecting people. Our programming and events require a high level of execution, so you will be passionate about ensuring no stone is left unturned and all attendees, facilitators, and vendors receive a positive impact from each experience.
This is a paid, part-time independent contractor role for up to 30 hours per week with a potential to expand with the right individual. You must be based within the Queenstown-Lakes District, be able to provide your own computer and transportation as frequent travel throughout the district is required (travel reimbursed).
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand. We cannot support visas at this time and applications from outside the district will not be considered.
How to apply
We want to keep things simple. Please forward your CV along with a link to your LinkedIn profile.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org