The Board of Trustees for Startup Queenstown Lakes Trust have announced they are accepting applications for the role of Chief Executive Officer for the Trust.
Startup Queenstown Lakes Trust (SQL) is seeking a new CEO to provide hands-on organisational leadership for an organisation committed to building a startup and innovation sector in the Queenstown Lakes District.
Location: Queenstown Lakes District (Wanaka, Queenstown, et-al.)
The CEO will lead the execution of the mission of the Trust: To serve the local startup, innovation, and tech ecosystem. The execution will include wide-ranging engagement across many stakeholders such as startup businesses, skilled workers, investors, visitors and locals, skill delivery organisations, as well as agencies such as Queenstown Lakes District Council (QLDC) and government departments. The aim is to form, build and strengthen an ecosystem that can create and support the innovative business that in turn supports QLDC’s goal of diversifying the Queenstown Lakes economy. The CEO will work to understand the make-up, needs and opportunities for collaboration within the ecosystem to drive these outcomes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about the startup community and can contribute to a multi-faceted organisation and its future aspirations.
An ideal applicant is would be described as…
Flexible, adaptable, future-focused, resilient and creative will be among the personal qualities of the CEO we need.
Ideally, you will also have some of the following experiences, skills, and knowledge.
- Significant experience in roles requiring strategic leadership and managing stakeholders
- Experience in strategic and operational planning
- Experience managing, mentoring and developing staff
- Experience or understanding of building a startup or startup community.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles and practices.
- Strong financial acumen, including budget, forecasting, monitoring and managing expenditure in an environment where funding is capped
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to build networks and influence and relationships across a range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
- 0.6FTE – 24 hours per week, on average. Flexible hours required including evenings and occasional weekends.
Please send your CV to David Wallace, Chair by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16